Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Mile Square (Classic)

Score:  98
Pars/Birdies:  1/0
Fairways:  4
GIR:  2
Putts: 36

Happy Easter!  I got out early today to beat the rush.  I wasn't too happy with today's round.  I just couldn't get the gears rolling and things just seemed a little slow.  I couldn't get into my normal groove and settle down.  I averaged less than 50% of fairways hit which, similarly for me, usually is a good indicator on how well I'll play for the day.  To be honest, driving DOES MATTER to me..always.  It really sets up my round.  If I'm driving fairly well, it's always easier to hit a shorter iron, no?  It's such a confidence booster..and we all know play good golf is all about having confidence in your swing.

I also ended up having two "bad" holes (triple or worse) on the back 9, which didn't help in today's golf round equation.  I was 12 over on the front and by looking at my scorecard it really didn't seem that bad.  I had 6 bogeys and 3 double bogeys.  I can deal with 12 over for the front, but like I said, I couldn't settle into my game and thing just seemed to just roll along without much "oomph".  



No comments:

Post a Comment