Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Skylinks

Score:  88
Pars/Birdies: 7/0
Fairways:  8
GIR:  5
Putts:  33

My driving equation holds true, if I hit 50% or better of the fairways I tend to play much better throughout the round.  For me, a good drive sets everything up.  I'm not good at scrambling, so I need to get up front, as far and as soon as possible in my game.  I have a tendency to cool down toward the end, so I need to be as strong and sharp in the early part of my round and by as many holes as possible.  I guess if I was a race horse, I'd be a quarter-horse, not a thoroughbred..I'm built for speed, baby.

The front nine holes was played well.  I ended up being 8 over with 4 pars recorded.  I get a major confidence boost going into the back half when I'm under bogey in the front...it just feels so good..I hate seeing double digit scores..a 9 is miles farther and better than a 10 in my mental play book.

On the back, I was actually playing even better with being 5 over..until the 18th.  I never count the score when I know I'm on a roll..call me superstitious.  Like I mentioned before, I have a tendency to leak steam toward the end, that's why I need to build as much speed as I can going into that last uphill stretch.

I ended up hitting my 2nd shot into the drink and 3-putting..crap for a triple bogey.  I knew it was going to be close..and it was..I ended up shooting a 88..but an 88 is tons lighter than a 90..and now I'm officially able to move on to "breaking 80", right? Phew.....!! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment