Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Mile Square (Players)

Score:  94
Pars/Birdies:  5/0
Fairways:  8 
GIR:  7
Putts:  36, with (3) 3-putts

I felt pretty good but had two bad holes where I shot a triple and quadruple (both on par 4's).  This seems to be the main reason for not breaking 90 most of the time.  I can absorb one"bad" hole, but with two..well I really have to work hard, which I managed to do after the second bad (quadruple) hole.  With 6 holes left, I managed to have 3 pars, 2 doubles and a bogey..ended playing the last 6 holes at bogey.  It's always bittersweet to have played hard and make some ground and miss breaking even 90.

I'm a type of player that, after a bad hole, will go hard to make up for it.  After the triple bogey, I went par, par, par and then after the quadruple I went double, par, par.  How great would it be not to have a "bad" hole in this situation?!..geez.

The funny (well, not really) thing is that the three holes that I 3-putted on were not even the holes that I got the triple and quadruple..and that hurts.  On those holes I ended up getting bogey and a double..yes, I got up on regulation and 3-putted..and that sucks.  Looking back I could have easily saved 6 strokes by just playing more consistently..just too many unforced errors. 







No comments:

Post a Comment