Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Mile Square (Players)

Score: 89
Pars/Birdies:  5/0
Fairways:  6
GIR:  4
Putts:  33

I was chugging along today and finished the front nine at 7 over, 7 bogeys and 2 pars.  I also hit 4 out of the 7 fairways. More than happy at this pace of play and set me up with momentum going into the back.  Nothing unusual, just good, steady golf..but always looking to capitalize on the back half.  At this point in my golfing "career", there is no excuse to not par (or better) if I'm GIR.

The back was going smooth, but I "managed" to hit a triple bogey (13th hole..and the easiest..18th handicap hole), but a 1 putt saved me tremendously..what the hell?..a triple on the easiest hole?!  ..and I bogeyed the the hardest..the math doesn't make sense here..lol

Anyway, after the triple bogey, I managed to finish playing bogey golf but I knew it was going to be disappointingly close..but I managed to shoot a 89..which is a miles closer than a 90.  This makes it two rounds now, back to back, breaking 90.  Could the third time be the charm?  I guess if that happens this blog will be over next week..and thus will be the shortest golf blog ever created.  I told myself that if I break 90 three times in a row that I will reward myself with something special..we'll see....!



No comments:

Post a Comment